Saturday, May 3, 2014

How to 'remain in Him' or 'in The Spirit' while in the world.



I am at an International Conference with over 16000 people and I am challenging my spirit to stay 'in Him' while physically in the world.  You hear it all the time, but how do you actually do it?

What comes to mind is the effort and expense to entertain is tremendous; and while in the world the result is just what it offers and no more. So as you work toward worldly success the limit is wherever that takes you in the world. A limited, fixed, attainable end.

While in the Spirit, you attach yourself to the same power that spoke life into existence, so staying 'in Him' would mean to find that peace and understanding that is indescribable.

So you look at this picture of thousands of people ... Attached to whatever is being presented in this arena ... Then I compare that to being in relationship with God. I can't manipulate the physical circumstance of this place I am in, but I can draw on my understanding of Him wherever I am.  This brings a calm and peace in my current situation, a feeling of joy....like nothing of this temporal moment has a pull on me...I feel the stress of the loud noise, people, and the anxiety of managing this situation dissipate.  Just fixing my mind on Him, knowing He is all and He holds this moment makes it change from stressful to peaceful.

My moments with Nitro when he 'got me', ears forward, listening and being attentive seemed similar to what I have described above. It's a connection that cannot be described.  



No comments:

Post a Comment