Sunday, January 11, 2015

Taking a Breath

Lesson 24 -- Breathe
verb ~ take air into the lungs and then expel it, especially as a regular physiological process.

Our Chickens

Our chickens are missing ... groups of feathers are found ... there's been a murder!

Eli, our dog, trots out to the front pasture as I watch from the front window, and she stops -- smells, turns her body, and smells more.  I ask my husband what in the world is she doing?
Eli


He says, "she's processing it".  I say, "so she smells and thinks ... hmmm that's a different smell ... and then she 'records' it in her memory".  Husband says, "yes, something like that."  I say, "I have always wondered what the conversation would be like if dogs could talk."  He says, "They would be saying, 'Smell that?  Smell that? Ooo, Smell that?'"
I laughed ... So Eli found the scent of the 'visitor' and put it to memory.

Breath is vital to our being in so many ways, to animals it is communication 101.

In my Pilate class we were learning about breathing and how with our breathe we 'process' what is going on in our body ... it is also where we can kind of 're-set', like when you push the esc key on your keyboard, only with your body.

Later in the week, my husband asked me if I knew anything about the exchange of breath between two horses when they meet for the first time.  I told him I had never witnessed two horses meeting for the first time.  He explained that they position their bodies so that they have nostril to nostril and exchange breath ... processing ...


Nitro

Isn't that interesting?  

~~~

I started searching in the Bible for breath and found;

The power of the breath of God in divine inspiration pervades Scripture. God breathed “the breath of life” into Adam (Genesis 2:7), and Jesus “breathed on them and said, ‘Receive the Holy Spirit’” (John 20:22).
Consider the 'air you breathe, the breath you take' today, I know I will.

I would love to hear your thoughts. Leave a comment!



No comments:

Post a Comment