Sunday, July 13, 2014

Man's Brain and Learning to Appreciate Him




LESSON 20--My way is not always the right way.

So you all know I was 'thrown' off of Nitro some time back, and the cause of that accident was wanting it my way.  I have since observed a pattern of behavior and thinking.

I gave my bread machine away last week and today was given a beautiful loaf of bread baked in that same machine.  You see, I tried several times to bake that perfect loaf of bread, but never did succeed.  Here's how it went;

Step one -- take machine out of box

Step two -- look at recipes in instruction manual that came with the bread machine

Step three -- gather ingredience that were necessary for recipe

Step four -- combine all ingredience and pour into machine

Step five -- look at front of machine, oh there are buttons and settings ...

Step six -- pick the quickest method described in instruction manual as I skimmed it and turn on machine

Resulting in hard as rock bread .... every time!!

Step seven -- throw out bread and try again

Step eight -- give away machine

I am learning that my way of jumping ahead without reading the instructions does not always work.  In the past, I have found I could be somewhat successful and in my head it sure saved time.

My life has followed this pattern.  

A man's brain and my fast-paced style do not work so well together.

Here's the lesson, what my brain is processing and skipping over to accomplish the task at hand, his is not.  My hurry and urgency to talk and work it out does not always work.

So as Proverbs 16:24 says "Gracious words are like a honeycomb, sweetness to the soul and health to the body."

As in I Tim 3:11 "Their wives likewise must be dignified, not slanderers, but sober-minded, faithful in all things."  A man's qualification for spiritual office includes being married to a woman "worthy of respect".



Remember what grace means -- unmerited favor 

Sometimes, its time to process and receive instruction; following the instruction of the inventor.

The aroma of it all is sweet.


No comments:

Post a Comment