Tuesday, February 24, 2015

My Excess

RETIRED

Nine months later ... since my last day of teaching ... I am now an outsider looking in.

Things that have changed;

I am no longer as compelled to watch the clock, as my days were so structured based on school bell schedule.

I am no longer as 'calendar' bound either.  Every year when I would return to work one of the first things I would do was fill in all school-related days, from days off to professional development to the beginning and ending of 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th quarters.

This 'employment behavior' was so much a part of who I was ... I am wondering how many people who have retired, process their life after retirement in a positive way -- receiving a double portion.

In our Breathe Bible Study by Priscilla Shirer she quotes Anne Graham Lotz 
"The Lord told me a long time ago that He would take care of my business if I would take care of His."  
 I guess I've been so busy taking care of my business (school); that  now I am able to consider  changing my focus.  That change in focus is exactly what God is doing in my life ... creating a margin.  It's as if now that I have made 'room' for Him, I can release more of 'my business' to Him ... my excess.

I was listening to the radio today and Dr. Charles Stanley was on.  He was talking about His Promise to  Provide.  It is based on 
Mark 11:24Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours

Dr. Stanley said; 
"Trust, ask according God's will, believe that God has heard you, and then believe that it's a done deal.  There comes a time in our asking (the lowest level of faith) where we say "I know He could", this is a faith-deal and it's a done-deal and we walk in that. We obey Him and watch Him work, let Him be the choosing of the channel and the time, but it's a done deal." 

This really spoke to me and my level of trust in God.

This concept of margin, excess, scarcity, stinginess and sabbath is important to understand.  


"Never retain what God is asking us to release ... we must realize that by keeping more, we're actually left with less in the end."  Pricilla Shirer


No comments:

Post a Comment